Adverse Childhood Experiences Awareness Training for Trauma Informed Workplaces.
Some people walk into work wounded but with dignity.
Statistically, as you consider any workspace, 34% people, on average, will never have experienced an adverse childhood experience. That leaves 66% who have. 12.5% of people will have experienced 4 or more of those ACE’s detailed in this infographic. That statistic may be some of your best and brightest.
ACE awareness training can help separate the behaviours from the person. Colleagues and managers are not therapists, however raising awareness of how ACE’s affects the brain and hence behaviour can help foster understanding and compassion leading to better relations and communication.
This training is about
- Raising awareness about ACE’s
- Understanding how ACE’s affect the brain and behaviour
- Understanding maladaptive coping strategies that people have developed
- Adopting evidence based tools and techniques drawn from the latest neuroscience, psycho-education, CBT, and NLP coaching tools.
The training is for
- People who want to become trauma informed
- Managers or team leaders to become trauma informed as part of mental health awareness.
- Employees, as part of a wellness programme.
- To inspire and motivate the workforce to adapt their interactions with people through trauma informed practice
- For managers, team leaders and staff to be able to understand how trauma from early age manifests itself in behaviour and life choices
- To have an increased understanding of the links between trauma, attachment, behaviour and triggers
- To improve understanding of developmental trauma, toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences
- To have an understanding of neuroscience research in relation to trauma
- To understand of the principles and practices of trauma informed approaches
- Workforce are motivated and inspired to adapt their interactions with people through trauma informed practice
- Increased understanding of how trauma impacts on behaviours and life choices
- Increased understanding of trauma, behaviour and triggers
- Increased understanding of developmental trauma, toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences
- Increased understanding of neuroscience research in relation to trauma
- Increased understanding of the principles and practices of trauma informed approaches
- Take away practical, adaptable tools that will help you to work in a trauma informed way.
The trainer Dorothy C Le Grove PG Cert(Hyp) PG Cert(WHW) is fully accredited by Rock Pool Life to deliver the Aces Recovery Toolkit programme.